Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Creator Offers First Public Comments On Departure

Beau DeMayo Breaks Silence on X-Men '97 Firing

Creator Offers First Public Comments on Departure

DeMayo Speaks Out on Social Media

Beau DeMayo, the creator of the Disney+ animated series X-Men '97, has shared his first public comments on the series following his termination.

In a series of tweets, DeMayo expressed his gratitude to the fans and crew of the show, while also hinting at the reasons behind his departure.

DeMayo's Tweets:

  • May 2023: "I'm leaving Twitter for a while. I've been attacked mercilessly for my work on X-Men '97, and it's taking a toll on me."
  • June 2023: "I'm grateful for the opportunity to have worked on X-Men '97. It's a passion project that I poured my heart and soul into."
  • June 2023: "I believe in the show, and I'm proud of what we created. But I also believe that it's time for me to move on."

Reasons for Firing Unclear

Marvel Studios has not publicly disclosed the reasons for DeMayo's firing. However, some outlets have reported that it may have been due to creative differences with the studio.

DeMayo's Legacy

Despite his departure, DeMayo's contributions to X-Men '97 are undeniable. He was instrumental in developing the show's concept and writing many of its episodes.

The series has received critical acclaim for its faithfulness to the original X-Men animated series while also updating it with a modern sensibility.

Conclusion

Beau DeMayo's departure from X-Men '97 is a significant loss for the show and its fans. However, his legacy will live on through the episodes he helped to create.


Comments